Monday, December 19, 2011

Another Family's Tradition

Yesterday was the Michalek family cookie event at St. Marys. What a day we had. This is how we started:
 About twenty ladies showed up and made all sorts of different treats. There were cookies, candies, trail mixes, doggy treats, homemade lotion and a lot more. 

 We had a nice little pot luck and the kids that came got to do crafts. I did more chatting than anything else, but still enjoyed my day out and visiting with everyone. The whole point of us joining in on this event was the fact that seems like nobody ever mingles when we all get together. Cindy and I thought this would be a good way to get the younger generation to know each other. I met a couple of cousin's "kids" that I really never knew and I know my kids talked to other girls that they really never have gotten to know.

At the end of the day, it was a great afternoon and we got to take home some of everything on the table. You can't tell from the photos, but there were probably at least 20-30 different types of goodies in our boxes.

 Whit didn't want to make my Snickerdoodles, so she just mixed them up, glopped them on the pan and sprinkled the cinnamon and sugar on. Even though they aren't pretty, they tasted great!

This would have been your kind of day. I talked to Sandy for a while. Just want you to know that she seems to be doing well. I'm sure that this is hell on her, but she is very upbeat and it was so good to see her. 

I'll save the second half of our amazing day for another post, but I want to leave you with the following to think about ...

Christmas carols and Lightening Bugs

You know what it means.

ILY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...I love them long time.