Friday, January 27, 2012

The Platter is Overflowing


Seems like I've been missing for quite a while now. There are so many things on my plate right now and just not enough time or energy to get them all done. Maybe if I had a fairy godmother to help with the everyday chores, I could get all the extra things done.

    The first thing that has had me in a tailspin for the last few weeks in my car. I bought my Trailblazer in 2005 brand new. I took it for a test drive and got really excited with the fact that I was getting a new car and I told Warren that I just loved it and had to have it. Within the first week, I knew I hated it. I hated everything about it - except I did like the color which doesn't count for much. It is dark metallic green and is really quite pretty when it's clean. It had lots of room which is what I wanted, but the rear view mirror is so big that you can't see around it and you are always ducking to look under it to see if anyone is on a corner before you turn. The other crazy thing is that the sun visors are so long that you can't put them straight down. You have to push them up along the windshield or you can see in front of you. These things may sound silly, but when you are going to drive a car for a lot of years, you don't want to have to duck and squint and pray every day that you aren't going to hit something or someone.

Anywho, this car is trying my patience daily. It has been into one service center or another six times in the last two months for various lights and shakes and such. Yesterday was the last straw (per Warren). I was told to clean it out cuz that bitch is getting peddled this weekend. YIPPEE! I've had my eye on a couple of different things lately. Thinking on a Chevrolet Avalanche or Tahoe. Unlike most of the world, I'm moving up not down. I don't give two shits about gas  or mileage, I go for comfort. The next time you see me, I'm going to be riding in some kind of style - not sure what yet, but in style!

The second thing that is keeping me busy is getting ready for Katie's baby shower. Even though I'm not the shower thrower, I am still uptight about it. I got all my candies for the centerpieces and the bowls. I got all the invitations out except the two people I forgot (sorry Sasha and Ashley). Right now the rsvp count is right around 30ish. I bought and delivered my shower gift to Katie's new house. My gift was a new crib and matching changing table/dresser. I will still have a gift at the shower, but I will make sure that each one of my girls has their first crib from Grandma. I got my gift card for the diaper raffle. I think the only thing I have left to do is get the decorations (which is Whit's part of the shower). Shower is under control.

Thirdly, our stupid home computer got some kind of virus and the Geeks want $350 to fix it. Nope. Going to just get a new one and save this one for at the cottage. I'm sure I can find someone to wipe it clean way cheaper than that. Warren is riding me like a donkey wanting a new one. He reads the paper every morning and hasn't been able to do it in a week. Guess he shouldn't have been clicking random buttons and getting a virus then!

Things are in motion for buying my Mom's house. We have all sorts of plans to turn it into a "cottage" instead of a house. As soon as we get everyone paid off, we can start our renovations. I can't wait. It's going to be so different and it's going to be all "ours".

I'm thinking that is all I have to say to catch everyone up. Will do better about keeping up the blog when we get a new computer. For now ... Enjoy every minute of every day. You never know when it is going to be your last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...I love them long time.