Monday, April 16, 2012

Nosy Neighbors

I grew up in a very small town and no matter what I did or who I did it with, my parents always seemed to find out about it. I never quite understood how they always knew, but they did. In my late teen years I found out that it was the nosy neighbors always keeping track of what I did and who came over every time my parents left me home alone.

Now I find myself doing exactly what I hated so much as a kid. One of my neighbors even refers to me as Mrs. Kravits (jokingly of course). No matter what goes on in my neighborhood, there we all are sitting on the porch checking it all out.

It could be an ambulance picking up a sick person down the street, a police car pulling the crazy kid off his parents (again), a strange car parked across the street overnight or basically anything out of the ordinary. We all do it.

I sure am glad now that my parents cared enough about me to want to know what I was doing and who I was doing it with. I'm also glad that my kids hate the fact that I know what they're doing too!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Mrs. Kravitz comment :)
    I lived in a small town and everyone knew what you did before you did it!

    Happy A-Z April!

    ReplyDelete

Comments...I love them long time.